Oh Come On...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Some of my favorite blogs and many of the recent Facebook updates have talked about "a year without resolutions". Blah, blah, blah. Oh come on! I love resolutions! I love making them and breaking them. Maybe it is my obsession with making lists or maybe I just enjoy looking back and seeing what worked and what did not work with my resolutions.

So here goes, my resolutions for 2013:

1. Lose those last 10 pounds. I know, I know this is by far the most common resolution. But this is the year. I am running in the Derby Mini, I have the ability to go to the gym almost every day (thanks babe!), and I have a huge amount of resources and support that can help me.

2. Watch more old movies. Patrick and I watched Charade the other night with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. I love the simplicity and dialogue in these movies. I plan to put them on top of the Netflix queue.

3. Stop working (or bloging!) when I watch the old movies. I find myself on my computer a lot. I am going to resolve to become more efficient with my time online. It is not the end of the world if I miss the blabla kids sale. I think my boys will survive.

4. Take better care of my skin. Use hand creme (thanks Mom for my stocking stuffer!), get facials, use sunscreen. Lets just say I am not getting any younger!

5. Learn French. This makes me laugh because it has been on the list for years. We shall see.

No matter what, I know that 2013 is going to be fabulous...no resolution could make me any happier than having these guys in my life. They are what really matter.


0 comments: