Girlfriends

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


Girlfriends rock. About 23 years ago (omg 23 years, really?), Lindsay and Ann came into my life. To say that these gals know me inside and out is an understatement. Sure, we have had our ups and downs, but we have also had many more laughs than tears. Oh the stories we could tell...(and often do when we get together).

This past weekend, Ann made yummy pimento cheese with a half opened box of Triscuts mixed with Wheat Thins (recipe can be found here), Lindsay provided wine, and I supplied the summer beer. We had dinner at Decca (great patio) and then came back to the house (who needs a bar?).

What I know about these ladies is how easy it is to be with them. I can tell them things and then follow it up with "I have never admitted that to anyone before!". They have seen me go through bad boyfriends, awkward teenage years, many career paths, and so much more. I can honestly say that they mean more to me than they will ever know.

True friendship is based on enjoying each others company. I hope that Wip and Duncan can find in their friends what I have with these fine ladies...years and years of making fun memories (and forgetting a few along the way:).

0 comments: