Life Is Good To Me (Part III)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

In this final version of life is good to me I just wanted to reflect on a few of the things that I have learned over the past two weeks while on vacation:

1.  Duncan loves balls.  He lights up when he sees a ball and will even say the word "baaa"
He literally played with this ball for a 1/2 hour


2.  I am going to have to detox when I get home. Food and drink has been plentiful and fabulous. On Thursday we went to a BBQ and Blues night at the Cloister.  The menu included bbq shrimp and grits, fresh oysters, pork and bean cake, and sloppy joes.  I am not kidding when I tell you I dreamed about that meal...it was amazing.
Granddaddy and Duncan solving the world problems

This was our view at dinner

Duncan had to walk off the meal

3.  I am so thankful that my kids eat more than just chicken fingers and french fries. I remember Dr. Lynch telling me to just keep putting the fruits and vegetables in front of them. Over these past two weeks while we have had a lot of pizza, chicken, fries, etc. we have also had a lot of peas, apples, bananas, and even collard greens.
Duncan trying some collard greens
4. I need to relax when it comes to Wip and potty training.  Wip went to Cloister Camp on Friday. He loved it and today when we were playing in the pool a couple of the Junior Staff were calling out his name to say hi (it was really cute). He said that they played in the pool, played on the playground, and ate quesadillas (what a way to spend the day!).  The entire time I stressed that I was going to get a call about him having an accident...I now realize I just need to relax.
Cloister Camp

5. I am so lucky.
Relaxed and Refreshed

After a morning in the pool

Chillin

I hope they always look out for each other

Grandparents who love their grandchildren are the best

Being goofy is important 

Wip found this crap on a walk

Playing a little Sex and The City before dinner

0 comments: