The Gruffalo

Monday, November 16, 2015


This is the tale of the Gruffalo.

I am not really sure how many times I have heard that uttered from Wip over the past few months, but let's just say it has been a lot. Wip was in a play last week called The Gruffalo and when he started talking about the play {in August} he mentioned that there were going to be lots of animals in the show. I went to bed that night saying a little prayer that he would be cast as an animal. Goodness, gracious if anyone knows my child he should be a snake, or a mouse, or an owl...right? Wrong. Wip came home beaming when he got his role. He was a log. Picture that scene in Love Actually (a lobster? there was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?). Well, that was me. A log? Then Wip this told me this..." it is okay that I am a log and not an animal...I get to protect the animals!".




He even made D create a book about The Gruffalo
Fast forward months later. He has come home singing every song in the play, drawing picture books, acting out the scenes...this kid was ready to perform. About a week before he started getting in countdown mode. Not only for the play but also because his Mimi was coming in town. It was the cutest thing on Thursday morning when he looked up from the breakfast table and said "today is the day that Mimi arrives!".
Wip got the cover shot of the program!  All of that practice paid off:)








I don't even need to tell you that he was a total rock star in the play (just click here and here for proof). He nailed it. He was mouthing every line of the narrator and most importantly he was having fun. It was a little bit sad when it was all said and done because there was so much happiness and excitement leading up to it. This was just another glimpse into what I have a feeling will be one of many productions that Wip will be a part of...and I can't wait to see him shine!

0 comments: