Frozen

Monday, February 3, 2014

If you have been around me lately and I have asked in a sing-a-ly voice "do you want to build a snowman?" please don't be alarmed. Wip introduced me to the Frozen soundtrack, and I must admit...I am obsessed.

My friend from California emailed me that there was going to be a Frozen Sing-a-long at the movie theaters on Friday, and when I looked into it, it seemed as if it was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. I had no idea what the "sing-a-long" part was all about, but if you did the math:

Frozen Soundtrack obsession + 2 adorable little boys = Frozen Sing-a-long Movie afternoon date!

In my head, I was thinking this was going to be huge. If others in Louisville loved this soundtrack as much as I did, and it was a one time thing, I expected lots of folks to come out at 3:05pm on a Friday afternoon.

That is why we showed up to the theater at 2:17pm. We were basically the only people there. Like in the entire building (beside the one staff person behind the counter). We waited, and waited. By the time the show started two other people showed up. So much for my theory. Oh, and FYI, the "sing-a-long" just means that the words to the song show up on the screen.

Either way...I could not think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

0 comments: