Feeling Sappy

Sunday, August 25, 2013


I love my kids. I get frustrated with my kids. I sometimes want to throw my hands in the air, and just walk away from my kids. But, for the most part, I really, truly, love my kids. Sometimes, I just have this moment of ohhhh mmmm geee, I want my kids to stay like this forever. Today, well, maybe just a portion of the day, I had a few of those moments.

It started with a walk in the park with a friend. Duncan decided he was going to do his "oh Mom, I will just take a nap at 4:20pm...that is cool, right?". As we walked around Cherokee, Duncan slept and Wip was dying to hit the playground. Being as patient as a four year old can be, we hit up not only one, but two playgrounds at the park. I lost track of the time and we were supposed to be at a party which cut into the playground time. As we were walking to the car, he was being somewhat of a slow poke and in my frustration, I yelled at him. He ran up to me and said "but Mommy, I have something for you" and there in his little hand was a flower (or weed). He picked me a flower, because he knew it would make me happy. I smiled the entire way home.
He wanted to put the flower he picked with the other flowers but I don't think he understands that these are fake:)

While at the party, the boys play, play, played. They were running around having the best time, and dinner included a cupcake and 3 juice boxes (I know, just go ahead and give me the "mom of the year" award). I ran into a friend that I had not seen in a while and she looked at Wip and said "Wip, how is it that you are four?!". Wip (being, well, Wip) looked at her with the most serious face and said, "well, before I was four I was three, and then I turned four!". We all lost it...such common sense that kid.

I read a very short article found here  that pretty much took what I experienced with my sons this weekend and made me cry like a baby. I know it will go fast, I know that there will be bumps, I know that I am blessed beyond measure to have these two amazing boys in my life. And just like Mr. Gerson's sons, they will ALWAYS have a room.

0 comments: