New Twist on the Cinnamon Roll

Sunday, June 2, 2013

When I was a little girl, waking up to the smell of cinnamon rolls in the oven on a Saturday morning was a BIG deal. I vividly remember licking every last bit of icing from, in my opinion, a waaaaay too small container that held the icing.

I picked up a pack of cinnamon rolls at Trader Joe's (surprise, surprise) to hopefully invoke the same feeling when my own children wake up to that smell. The sweet cashier (I swear you have to be the nicest person in the world to work at Trader Joe's...it would not surprise me if the application says "jerks need not apply") asked me if I had ever tried putting the cinnamon rolls in a waffle iron. "No!?" I replied curiously. She went on to tell me if you just put a roll in the waffle iron you end up with a dense amazing cinnamon waffle and then you drizzle the yummy icing over it. VoilĂ ...cinnamon roll waffles!
 



I tried it this morning and not only was it the easiest thing ever, but it also took so much less time than the 20-25 minutes of torturous waiting for the rolls to bake in the oven. Let's just say that the boys were singing my praises for a great Saturday breakfast!

0 comments: