Two

Tuesday, May 21, 2013



Duncan,

I am a little late with this post, but then again you also keep me pretty busy. You are two.

Today your best friend is Drew from school. You talk about him everyday. You love the "Hot Dog" song by They Might Be Giants that comes on after Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (you should see your elbow cranking up when the song starts playing). Every night when you go to bed you ask for your doggy blanket...the Zoopth family got this for you and I have no idea what you would do without it. While I think the "Hot Dog" song might get you the most excited, the song you most like to sing is "We Are Young" by Fun. Just like your brother. You adore your brother. If Wip is not in the car, you ask about him. If you make something, the first person you want to show is Wip. You seriously love your brother...I hope it stays that way forever.

Thank you. Thank you for making my life better just for being in it. Thank you for giving me a ball to pass with you, even if there is a pile of laundry on the bed. Thank you for greeting everyone with your deep voice "hello",  it cracks people up (including me). Thank you for making me read you one more book...you always say "one more mommy, that is it". Thank you for always asking for a hug and a kiss at just the right time (like when I want to scream and yell at you for not listening).

You have completed our family. You have made me understand how two brothers can be so different, yet so alike. You have so much compassion for such a young little guy...even if I just sneeze you ask "you ok mommy?". You have touched the hearts of so many people in just two short years, and I can't wait to see what the world holds for you.

You are amazing and I love every inch of you. Forever. Always.

Happy Birthday D!

Your biggest fan,
Mom

0 comments: