Same Message, Different Parents

Friday, May 24, 2013


Every year around this time I am stopped by a parent at school. The parent is usually very gracious and starts the conversation with something about how the end is near and summer is almost upon us. Sometimes they mention the boys and ask how they are doing. But the core message as to why they stop to chat with me is to tell me is what a wonderful teacher Mr. Mulloy has been to their child.

I was approached with this same message by a different parent the other day and it got me thinking that this happens every year. Not kidding. I remember when he was teaching the freshman class and I would get phone calls from parents that I used to coach their daughters in middle school begging to know "how they could get Mr. Mulloy as a teacher". Like I had anything to do with the process.

As this mother walked away, it just made me realize the kind of impact that Patrick is making on these students. The teacher they will never forget, the teacher that was relatable, the teacher that truly made a difference in their life.

For all of that and so much more, I am so proud to call him my man.

0 comments: