Breaks My Heart

Monday, October 1, 2012

When I was little girl my Papaw took me into a toy store and told me I could pick out anything I wanted.  He passed away when I was about 3 years old, but his memory lived on through stories and my Casper doll that I picked out that day in the toy store. I remember taking it with me everywhere. I would even share my Pepsi-Cola from the big glass bottles (remember those?) which is why he lost his mouth.

Wip and I were playing today when he came upon my Casper doll.  It freaked him out and he backed away.  When I tried to show him that it played music and was mommy's favorite toy when she was a little girl he was not impressed. I said "don't you want to play with mommy's Casper doll?" to which he replied "no thanks mommy, I will just play with my friend Casper instead.

Who would not love this doll?  Breaks my heart.

0 comments: