David

Friday, August 17, 2012

We have been telling Wip often that we are going to have a friend come and live with us.  We would explain that he is from China and he will be staying in the basement. All that Wip could really get from that is that David is staying in the basement and he will be watching the T.V. that is down there. I was a little nervous of David's arrival and Wip's reaction to the chain of events.

David and his parents arrived tonight and things could not have gone more smoothly.  We showed him his room, gave a tour of the house, and got his parents settled at their hotel. Wip was SO excited and wanted to show David all of his toys and books (and got a little extension on the bed time...bonus!).  What was even more surprising is David's mother reaching for Duncan (who is at the age of I will just be with my daddy thank you very much) and Duncan not only reaching for her but allowing her to hold him throughout the house and not really jazzed when I took him back.

While I know that this is going to get chaotic at times I am really looking forward to this adventure. David could not be sweeter and I know that he is going to be a wonderful addition to our family.

Moving in!

0 comments: