Its Groundhog Day (and I like it)

Friday, September 16, 2016



The start of a routine has begun and we are all settling into the new school year. I was walking into work and I got this creepy "groundhog day" feeling in the best possible way. While I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE summer to its core (the sleeping in, the lack of meal planning, the get-up and do whatever mentality...gosh do I love it) I also love the feeling of settling into a routine. It is funny...this time of year feels way more like my New Years to me. 

And we are off...

Breakfast of Champions

The must have back to school pic


Just for the record...Duncan copied Wip in what he wants to be :) 

Duncan is having so much fun meeting new friends

This is pretty much sums me up

Baseball has started for both boys (and Patrick is coaching both teams!)

Loving the beach birthday parties

This was a surf party!  Too cute.




We have adopted a Friday Slurpee ritual...the boys go back and forth on the flavors like twenty times before making the plunge 

My little baseball studs

I did the Wine Walk at New Smyrna with some girlfriends

We had SO much fun!


This is Duncan.

It is SO nice having one drop off and one pick up. The school's theme this year is KINDNESS [catch the kindness wave].

I got this for my mom on her birthday...dying to know how it is. I went to dinner with a friend and she could not stop talking about it. A month later we met for dinner again and she was still talking about it. 


Granddaddy sent the boys some adorable stuff from Animal Crackers and receiving the package made me homesick!

This cracked me up



We met some friends at New Smyrna Beach and the sky fell out so we got in the car and headed to Sea Island for the Labor Day Weekend.

Every Labor Day party needs a dunk tank. Period. 

We started a chore chart. Both boys are saving up for Lego sets. Now if I could only remember to get money out for their piggy banks:) 

Wip's Goals

Slurpee Silliness 

Wip is becoming a ferocious reader...I mean he cannot stop. I love it. 

The hair.

Duncan was looking over my shoulder as I was scrolling through Insta and he looked at this picture and said "ah man, that dog is dead" For some reason, it has made me giggle all week. 


Wip has the one and only Ms. Pickles for homeroom and we could not be more excited....match made in heaven! 

D Art


At Park Maitland, they have this adorable program called Jelly Fudge Friend (JFF) where a 6th grader gets matched up with a 1st grader...Wip brought this home and I thought it was the sweetest note!

To uncover his JFF they put a ribbon on their shoe that matches and meet up in the gym. 

Wip had to share his JFF with a couple of other friends (the 6th-grade class is small and the 1st-grade class is HUGE). It was so cute when the met and had lemonade and cookies and played Four Square.

I hope everyone has had a Happy New Year (wink, wink)! I know that this is going to be a great year!

0 comments: