Three

Sunday, May 18, 2014



Duncan,

You have brought so much joy to this family in your three short years. I have no idea what life would be like without you, and I never want to know. Your deep voice, your sweet kisses, your infectious laugh all solidify that I am the luckiest mom in the world to have you as my son.

Your mornings start with you grumpily asking for "regular milk/chocolate milk" {this is white milk with a tiny bit of chocolate syrup added}. It is not until you finish the entire sippy cup {you refuse to use a big boy cup} that you will even acknowledge any of us.

Sometimes you have a little identity confusion. When you are in trouble and I just call you "Duncan" you correct me by telling me that your name is "Duncan Lewis". The other night when I put you to bed, I said "good night Duncan" to which you replied "I not Duncan, I Batman". Of course, how did I miss the cape you went to bed wearing? Your imagination is one of my favorite things about you.

Your favorite movie is Disney's Robin Hood. Towards the end of the movie, there is a scene in which the characters are celebrating the phony king being kicked out (click here). Every time this part of the movie comes on, you ask me to dance. It makes you so happy {and me too}.

Even though you are younger, you still look out for your brother. If we get in the car and Wip is not with us, you will often let me know "ahh man, we forgot about Wip". You love Wip. He is not only your brother, but your buddy {It is so much fun to watch}.

You are loyal. Just like last year when someone asks who your best friend is, you respond "Drew". I know you are going to miss him {and he will miss you}, but something tells me that distance will not end your friendship.
   

You have perfectly completed our little family. You are such a fun loving, sweet boy. You have brought so much love to my heart, and I hope you know that I will give it all right back.

Happy 3rd Birthday D!

Love,
Mommy 

0 comments: