Derby Week!

Sunday, May 4, 2014



I might not have cashed a ticket, but I can mark this year as one of the best Oaks/Derby experiences I have ever had. Patrick and I were lucky enough to be invited to Oaks with Mimi and Granddaddy. We got to hang out with one of Mimi's high school friends who was in town with her husband from New York. At one point in the afternoon, I was in the box with Tony (Karen's husband) while everyone else was off placing bets. He looked at me and said "I just want to pinch myself. I can't believe that I am here at Churchill Downs. This is so cool." I smiled. He was right. 
It was a little chilly for Oaks

Loved getting a visit from this crew

Beautiful
Derby day was spent with girlfriends. The Amin's were kind enough to include me in a girls day at the track. I don't know that I stopped smiling the entire day...we. had. a. blast. It started with brunch at the Pendennis Club (yum!) and then we hopped on a bus to the track. So many fun memories were made...#sweetieyouknowthereisawrapperonthat, the mean girl that almost ruined my day (but then was told she could not come in our section), sleeping man, hanging with Kim Kardashian's ex, and the amazing weather was just a few of the things that made the day one to remember.
Derby Divas

Yes, that is Miranda Lambert!


This man would just fall asleep. Cracking me up.

Sleeping man and John Locke from Lost
Hilarious


Of course the boys had many Derby themed activities throughout the week...
This is Duncan's horse...he named the horse Lulu.

I bet on Chitu...with no luck

Wip with his Derby Float and Horse (Chitu)

The weekend was capped off with my goddaughter's first communion in Lexington. Such a special time. She looked beautiful and I am so lucky to have her in my life.

0 comments: