When Life Gives you Lemons

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Please know that the title of this post is a little heavy handed...I realize that I am at the beach so really how sour could life be? Let me explain...

On Sunday, Patrick and I celebrated six years of marriage. Pretty awesome right? It was also a day that I understood why people reach out to Super Nanny for their crazy, out of control children. Wip was bouncing off of the walls and could not figure out for the life of him how to use an "inside voice". Duncan could not have been more needy (clinging to my leg) or whiny...whine to me is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

Needless to say I was looking forward to a date night with my husband. We decided on Southern Soul. Really there was no discussion of anywhere else...brisket, fried green beans, corn bread, need I say more? I pretty much starved myself for the entire day waiting for this meal. We pull up expecting a packed house on a holiday weekend. We did not expect to see the lights out and a sign saying "closed Sunday". NOOOooooo. We literally sat in front of the restaurant in shock for about 10 minutes.

We settled on The Oak Bar at the Lodge. We (of course) were told an hour and a half wait. After stalking the bar we took a seat and ordered a beer. It was so nice just sitting at the bar that we ordered dinner. A-MAZ-ING. From start to finish. We wrote out our predictions for 2013 on a cocktail napkin, toasted each other on another year of marriage, and even went outside to a firepit and made s'mores. It was pretty perfect.

Of course I got home and checked in on the boys and my heart melted. Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping child?








0 comments: