One of a Kind

Friday, November 9, 2012


Duncan is one of a kind.
Taking care of his big brother during a little snooze


According to his mother he is sweet, ridiculously adorable, and the best addition to our family that I could ever ask for. According to his teacher he is also "social".  When I told her that he would not be in school on Friday she said that they will be thinking of him and if the bunnies could vote, Duncan would most definitely win "Most Social".

For those that don't know, Duncan had some minor surgery today. I kept telling myself that he will be fine, he will be fine, he will be fine. It is routine. It is nothing. He will be fine. But my heart kept sinking because I knew my sweet baby boy would be in pain. I wish I could have been on the operating table and he could have the results, but a) that does not even make any sense and b) I don't have the parts to even make it possible even if it did make sense.

When we got to the hospital, I was informed that what I thought was going to be a ten minute surgery was actually going to be at least an hour an a half (so much for me thinking it would be just like when Wip got tubes in his ears!).  My heart started sinking again thinking that he was going to be under for that long, but Patrick put me back on track letting me know that everything was going to be alright (I guess that Bob Marley documentary he was watching came in handy:).

Duncan is just easy to be around. He has a personality that makes you want to just hang out with him all day to see what he is going to say or do next. Giving him "silly juice" made it even funnier to be around him. When I asked him to give me a high five it took literally 45 seconds for him to get his hand to my hand and you could see his thought process going "whaaaaaaa it going on here, why is my hand moving soooooo slow?". Dr. DeJusta performed the operation and he was great. He was probably my age which always makes me feel a little under accomplished, but hey what are you going to do:) The surgery did in fact take a little over one and a half hours, but everything went well.

After getting his sea legs back (he had the child version of an epidural) you would seriously never know that kid had surgery just hours before. He is doing awesome. Of course, I just keep giving him cookies. He is so cute and drugged up that his "peeeeases" and "ank oooos" make me just want to give him ANYTHING he wants.
Eating his sock this morning after the no food after midnight rule

 Does not understand why he can't have milk

Splendid Lounge wear does the body good while waiting

Silly juice, daddy, skip it, pretend phone...happy boy
I love Duncan Lewis Mulloy with all of my heart. I have no idea what I did to deserve such a sweet, funny, personable little boy, but someone did a pretty darn good job of matching us up because I could not imagine my life without him. I am also pretty darn glad that this chapter is almost over and he can go back to just being Mr. Social.

0 comments: